Nora Juljaana Peltoniemi is a 21-year old, second year student at the Turku University of Applied Sciences, completing her BSc in design. Nora is an ambitious young woman, who always knew she wanted to be a designer. As cliché as this might sound, it’s true. She started making clothes for her friends in Primary school as Christmas presents.
Nora’s designs are a reflection of her passion for fashion. With the launch of JULJA´s first Fall/Winter collection only a few months away, this designer is only getting started and not even the sky is the limit. Here is an exclusive interview with Nora, the designer behind JULJA.
Nora’s designs are a reflection of her passion for fashion. With the launch of JULJA´s first Fall/Winter collection only a few months away, this designer is only getting started and not even the sky is the limit. Here is an exclusive interview with Nora, the designer behind JULJA.
How would you describe your own style?
I love second hand shopping and shopping in
general. So I'd call my style a mixture of old and new.
Favorite designer who inspires you?
The R/H designers from Finland, because they've been able to establish themselves very well in such a short time. That inspires me to do the same.
What inspires you to sketch and
design?
I
usually just start drawing and that’s it. I don’t necessarily need inspiration.
How do you choose colors for your garments?
I try to choose colors according to the seasons, but I really wanted to bring bright orange colors into the F/W 2013 collection. My aim is to choose colors for the clothes in a way that they compliment the body.
Any fashion shows you’d love to be
featured in?
Any Mercerdes-Benz fashion week.
Do you have any style icons?
Super Model Cara Delevigne and Leigh Lezark, as well as my idol, Marilyn Monroe.
Do you have any favorite fashion magazines?
Costume and Elle from Finnish fashion magazines. Costume, because it's new and fresh. Elle on the other hand has a lot of interesting articles. Internationally, Vogue for its amazing pictures.
As Nora, I would love to dress Lady Gaga. Her style is everything between earth and sky and I'd love to design something that not even Lady Gaga would expect! Pippa Middleton I would love to dress as a designer for JULJA. Pippa would look absolutely fabulous in JULJA and her ass would look perfect in our clothing (laughs).
(Sketches by Nora)


Upeaa työtä. Ihana seurata täältä blogin kautta mitä teette parhaillaan :)
ReplyDelete